Our founders were in Germany to kick off the official launch of QWANT in the presence of journalists, and key influencers.
Following this official launch we have received many requests. Here are the Key topics covered:
Session cookies? Yes!
The session cookies are used to remember:
- The language you use.
- The View (Classic, Mosaic, List) you prefer.
Tracking cookies? No!
- Qwant guarantees anonymity on the web.
- No link is made between research and users.
Where do traffic statistics come from?
Piwik is the only one tool recommended by the CNIL (www.cnil.fr)!
- This tool guarantees the anonymity of users (all IP are anonymous).
- The information we collect allows us to make basic indicators (traffic daily, monthly, etc.).
- To comply with the law we have added a PIWIK opt out option. If you check the opt-out you will not be counted in our visit statistics.
Qwant gives you an access to the web diversity.
- No filter on your results.
We do not filter results based on your previous searches, or habits, or preferences.
From a computer to another, all the results are the same, no matter the query or the internet user.
- We’re not talking about “pages” but “objects”. This is our vision of the web 3.0.
- Social is now included in the relevance of results.
- We make “contextualization”